June 3, 2011

Cancun - Day 6 & 7

Day 6 - Tulum & Xel-ha

Bright and early we boarded a tour bus again and headed south of Cancun to visit Tulum. I was surprised to see a DQ and a Subway at the entry way of Tulum. Really??? I so wanted a blizzard but Cody convinced me to wait until Xel-ha for ice cream.
It was such a hot day! I don't do well in heat so I was not having the best time but we did enjoy seeing Tulum.
Love the look of the ruins with the beautiful ocean as the back ground.
The water was gorgeous and so warm! If we were Mayans living in Mexico we would have picked Tulum over Chichen Itza. 
Then we arrived at Xel -Ha. It's an all inclusive natural water park. There is a lazy river sort of thing, cliff jumping, snorkeling (Hawaii is soooo much better), 5 buffets, a hammock island, swimming with dolphins, and more that I can't remember. We were going to be around water most of the day so we didn't want to take our normal camera so we bought a waterproof one. BIG mistake! I will never again buy a disposable waterproof camera. The pictures turned out horrible. Next time I'll invest in a digital water proof one.



It was a fun day and we were exhausted when we returned to the resort. We ordered room service and passed out. If you're ever going to Cancun, Cody says he'd skip Xel-ha, I'd say go if you have time.

Day 7 - Last day of relaxing

We spent our whole last day just lounging by the pool and eating up the food. They had these rolls that were filled with cream cheese. They were sooo good! Cody ordered a few for me from the pool waiter and after I downed the first batch I ordered some more. He told me that I better be careful! If I continue to eat those rolls I'm gonna get fat! Cody and I just started laughing so hard! We couldn't believe he would tell me that! It was hilarious. 


Every day the resort had a taco bar. Cody was in heaven. We ate so many tacos al pastor! They were amazing!!
These nachos were the bomb!
Cody's Tulum

That night we spent hours in the hot tub and of course eating! haha We were sad to leave our little paradise but were so excited to see our boys. Thank you so much to G&G Webb for watching the boys for the week and driving them up so we could see them when we got home. 

I probably shouldn't have waited so long to post our vacation cause I so want another one! HA
I don't think we'll be going back to Mexico any time soon. Hawaii is on our list next and a Southern Caribbean cruise! We do want to go back when the boys are older to this resort though when it's complete which wont be until 2014!! Until then!

No comments:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS