June 2, 2011

Cancun - Day 4 & 5

 Day 4 - Isla Mujeres

We woke up excited to go explore the island across the bay from us. We started with eating a delicioso (delicious in spanish people...come on) buffet breakfast at the resort and then ventured out to find us a combi. What is a combi you might ask. It is a taxi van that makes various stops that the locals use that costs like 10 pesos. Once again Cody refused to take a taxi that would cost us $20 one way. So the combi arrived and slowed down enough to let us step in but then took off again. It was craziness!! The driver was flying down the road and he would slightly slow down to let a rider on and then take off. I think the locals enjoyed seeing my face.

We showed up at the ferry dock and got on a sweet passenger ferry boat to Isla Mujeres!

Remember how I mentioned in the past about Cody not being able to work while on our vacation. Well, the ferry had free wifi so of course Cody jumped on it and worked the entire 20 minute ferry ride. It's okay. I forgave him. 

 
The water surrounding the island was amazing. We loved the colors. 
Our mode of transportation on the island... golf cart of course! Cody loved driving our golf cart all over the island. He mentioned it was nice to drive and do our own thing rather than riding in a taxi or being on a tour.
 
This is how it normally went. Cody when get into talking Spanish with the locals and I would be following behind. It's so cute to see him speak Spanish and see his face light up.  As we were driving down the road that follows the coast of the island, a guy was standing in front of house handing out fliers for a little beach front restaurant. We decided to stay for lunch since we were hungry. 

Cody loved it so much. He was in amazement by how beautiful the little beach was and these people just made tourists lunch in their backyard for a living.
 
A little ways down the same beach a few locals were making money by having tourists pay to hold some kind of shark. I can't remember what kind it was but it was weird. Cody really wanted to do it so he made a donation of $4 and held the shark. What a way to make a living.
We spent all day on the island and loved it. Cody was sold on the island simple life and wanted to buy a beach front property and start a little cafe. Oh boy! Good thing I convinced him that we'd be better in the States.

If we ever go back to Cancun we'll definitely be going to Isla Mujeres again. It was Cody's favorite day.

Day 5 - Resort & Mexican Night

We lounged by the pool and beach this day and read our books. The resort was hosting a Mexican night complete with a Mexican Buffet and a mariachi band. Cody was in love with the food and actually said the words, "I'm in Heaven.". That is huge for Cody! He's not normally in love with food as much as I am! 

1 comment:

Lant said...

I want to go to Mexico with Cody.

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS