March 8, 2010

Goose Egg

Trey got his first goose egg on Friday night. He was on his way up the coffee table when his hand slipped and hit the corner of the table with his head on the way down. Immediately the bump was huge and thankfully Trey only cried for maybe 30 seconds.

As first time parents, Cody and I were worried and looked up what exactly a goose egg was. Pretty much it's a scalp injury where fluid and blood from the blood vessels pools. We just couldn't believe how big it got so fast. This will definitely not be the last we see of goose eggs and bruises.

It stuck out so far!
About a minute after cuddling with mom, Trey was back to his normal silly self.
Trey and his goose egg three days later. He had just woken up can you tell?

7 comments:

Tiffany P. said...

Aww, what a sweetheart!!!

Patrice said...

ouch! Someone told me once that if it goes out, it's okay. If it goes IN, it's not!

The Herring's said...

I must say that's pretty big. But if this his only his first he is doing good. I think Kessia got her's The second she could crawl. But the poor boy, it looks painful.

Elise said...

Wow, that is a goose egg! I haven't seen one that big before. Isn't it funny how kids smack their faces? It sounds like Trey is pretty tough. Everett thought these pictures were funny once we explained why we call that particular kind of injury a goose egg. Thanks for the entertainment, even if it did make me cringe to see that sweet little face all injured.

Laici said...

Awwwww, poor little Trey, but so brave!! You're right, the first of many, but I don't know if it ever gets easier to see for mommy and daddy. Jacelyn LOVES all the videos of your boys. We watch them over, and over, and over.... They are all SUPER cute!!

Derrick M said...

Yes, head wounds swell very quickly. They scare me every time, but hopefully I'm getting used to them. Trey is so stinkin cute.

Shad + Brooke Webb said...

that was a traumatic event! he's just so cute, it was so sad seeing him get hurt!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS