March 23, 2010

San Diego Trip

I'm way behind in blogging and I wonder if I'll ever catch up. We are going back to January during MLK weekend when Cody, the boys, and I met my parents in sunny San Diego!

We were a little nervous taking the boys on an actual "vacation" since the only places we've taken them up to this point were grandparents' house. Despite our worries, the boys were absolute angels the whole time.

We flew in to San Diego on Thursday night. The next morning we got up and went to breakfast then headed up I-5 and had a mini road trip. We stopped at the San Diego Temple, Encinitas Beach for lunch, San Clemente, and the Newport Beach Temple. From there we went over to Newport Beach to give the boys a break and to eat doughnuts, lemonade, and a corn dog. We then followed Hwy 101 down the coast through Laguna Beach and other small towns until we got to Oceanside where we would be staying for the rest of the weekend. After dinner we picked up my parents at the airport.

Saturday we spent our time at Sea World. I know the boys are pretty young to really enjoy Sea World but they were fascinated with the sea lions and all the people. Sunday we went to Balboa park and went through the different museums and we got to try our first Pinkberry! LOVED IT!

Monday we went to lunch and then headed for the airport right as a huge storm hit the coast. It was pouring down rain and I'm from WA so that's saying a lot! Everyone was drenched trying to get from the rental car bus to the terminal. The storm was so bad it had the whole airport delayed which meant we were going to miss our connecting flight from Vegas to SLC. After an hour at the Southwest counter they decided they would hold the flight at Vegas so us and the other 25 passengers wouldn't be stuck in Vegas. Well, we got to Vegas at 8pm and our flight decided to leave without us just 5 minutes earlier. LAME!!! Luckily we have family in Vegas who rescued us and gave us a warm place to sleep. Just as we thought our long day was over, Cody started throwing up and continued to through out the night about every 30 minutes. We didn't get any sleep, well except the boys, and were exhausted when it was time to go to the airport at 6am. Luckily Cody felt well enough to travel and we finally made it home! What an adventure!

We loved San Diego and can't wait to take the boys back when they are old enough to really enjoy Sea World, Lego Land, and the Zoo. That'll be a fun trip. Maybe I'll be more excited then the boys.

Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS