Sorry, no babies yet. I wish! The surprise is I now have pregnancy-induced hyper.tension or in other words pree.clampsia. It is more common in first time mothers and even more common in twin pregnancies.
The story - I went in for my weekly doctor's appointment this afternoon and my blood pressure was very high. I can't exactly remember the numbers but the top number was in the 140s. My legs, ankles, and feet were extremely swollen and I was a little dizzy while waiting for my appointment. My doctor immediately sent me to L&D.
Cody and I thought this was it! We really thought we'd be having our boys and we were so excited. It was perfect timing - my parents were in town and Cody was only in Lindon when I was admitted and it was perfect, so we thought. After being monitored and having regular contractions and my blood pressure bouncing all around from the 120s to high 140s they sent me HOME! You gotta be kidding me. I was so sad when the nurse told me. She said legally there was no way to induce me as I wasn't changing (still dilated to a 4) and my blood pressure was lowering the longer I was laying there. Also, the ten tubes of blood tests came back normal, which I know is a good thing.
I am now on strict bed rest, I can only get up to go to the bathroom. I also have to do a 24 hour pee test and take it into the lab for testing. Fun stuff!!! We'll know more tomorrow after the lab results. I'm having lots of contractions but they aren't dilating me and it's frustrating. If I don't go into labor on my own or the hypert.ension doesn't get out of control, I will be induced memorial day weekend due to my doctor being out of town. That is TWO weeks away... I don't know if I can make it but I'll try.
I am so anxious to meet my little boys! I'm trying to be patient as I know they will come when they are ready and of course, it's always the Lord's time, not mine. I just pray that this hyperte.nsion doesn't worsen and lead to a more severe form. Oh - don't worry about the babies, they have no idea what is going on and are perfect. I guess my body is the one under stress. So no worries :)
14 comments:
that stinks amanda! hopefully they'll come sooner than later. The waiting game is no fun. No fun at all...hope you're feeling alright!
I am surpised they sent you home! That has got to be disappointing!:(
It would have been cool to have your twins born on MY birthday! Good luck, hopefully you won't have to wait 2 weeks.
My mom is here in town and sends her love!
Sorry about your preeclampsia! I had that too & I delivered early. Looks like you could be delivering your babies soon, but I'm guessing you are way excited about it =] We were nervous because it happened all so fast & we weren't prepared. Looks like you guys are really prepared =]
Well you still look pretty laying in a hospital gown and bed!
I'm sure it's no fun for you, but I wish I could be on bedrest! My prayers are with you.
By the way, I was sent home from the hospital when I was in labor. I was timing my contractions, and I went to the hospital when they were at the right duration/distance apart. But I wasn't even dilated to a 1, so they sent me home! Oh boy was I mad!
That would stink to be all ready to have your babies and then not have them! I'm so sorry! I hope everything goes well and you get feeling better!!!
Amazing that you can be on bedrest for that long and practically go into labor by blinking your eyes, and then as soon as you have the green light, NOTHING. Oh brother! There is probably a lesson to be learned in this about the Lord's timing...wait, that's sounding familiar!!! :)
so i don't know if this will be comforting, but 2 days before i had mack, i was sent in for monitoring for high blood pressure, they sent me home..i was mad..i was ready for her! so in my opinion, if you have ANY symptoms, exaggerate them so you can be admitted, and put up a fight not to be sent home..and walking the hospital will get ya dilated:) good luck you are SOOOOOOO close..can't wait to see these cuties!
Oh, I got so excited when i saw the post title! We are still praying for you and the babies. I'm glad you are growing them so well.
That is crappy when you think you might actually be having babies and then the nurse sends you home. The good news is that the babies have more time to grow and be healthy, as long as you can keep your blood pressure down.
Just relax. They will be here before you know it and there will be a time you wish you could put them back in there to keep them quiet.
Oh man I'm so sorry you got sent home! Seth came home the other day and said you guys were having the boys. I was super excited. But, then the next day he came home and told me you didn’t have them yet! You guys are sure learning to be patient. I can’t wait to see their pictures. Good luck!
Any day now!! How exciting! I keep checking in to see if the boys have arrived. I am ALWAYS surprised to see they are not here yet!! With all that you have dealt with, you are amazing!
I whine about not feeling and other lame things knowing full well that I have it easy. Your such a trooper!
Be patient, it will be soon!
it is getting close!!! Just think about 2 weeks in the whole scheme of things! I can't wait to see pics of the little guys!
We read your blog a few days ago, but we were on our way out and didn't take time to make a comment. We are still praying for you and the babies. We had supper on the mountain with your parents Cody and they had their cell phone intact so they could be sure and get any messages. We're excited too.
Post a Comment