May 17, 2009

Favorite Bedrest Activity and Treat


Amanda has been on bedrest now for 1.5 months (what a fighter!). As a result she and I have become very competitive at Dr. Mario. Dr. Mario is a game we downloaded on the Wii in which the objective is to destroy multi-colored viruses by stacking three pills of the same color on the virus. You may remember the game from your very first Nintendo.

In the beginning the game was too boring for me; at least that was my way of avoiding being slaughtered. With time, however, my skills increased enough to match Amanda's unbelievably quick mind. With 1.5 months of bedrest and hundreds of games behind us, the games are intense and usually down to the wire. It's fun to have a wife that can beat me at almost any video game—it makes 9 pm to 11 pm pretty eventful.

In addition Amanda has found a cheap, tasty "pick-me-up" at our nearest Macey's grocery store. The cones are no doubt the best value in town. With a couple of sizes below a dollar, you won't have lack of ice cream on your cone; the picture above pales in size. See you there tomorrow, or Tuesday, maybe Wednesday, etc, etc, etc.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you guys for all your comments and for checking up on us.

Patrice said...

Well, if you need an ego boost just play me . . . I stink! I'm glad Amanda is hanging in there. It is a huge sacrifice for those babies. Give her hugs from me, k?

Michelle M said...

I must admit that I, too, used to be addicted to this game. I could crush everyone except my boyfriend (Shay Sanders at the time). Good choice Amanda!

Ginger said...

Hang in there. The end is almost here. Or actually the beginning I guess. Good luck with everything.

The Carters said...

So fun! You are almost there! Way to be a trooper and stay in bed, it will be worth it when they are healthy and perfect. Good luck with everything, can't wait to meet them!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS