December 18, 2008

Chehalis Winter Wonderland

My dad sent my some pics of our winter wonderland in Chehalis. I love it when it snows there, it truly is a winter paradise! I hope the snow will stay until we get there but I doubt it. I think I've had a total of 3-5 White Christmases in my lifetime. Western Washington is so beautiful when it snows. So enjoy the pics, but it doesn't do it justice!
I have so many wonderful memories of sledding down the hill next to our house with the neighbor kids and drinking my mom's homemade hot chocolate. We would stay outside for hours since snow in Chehalis is not common. The best was when my dad would wake me up to tell me school was canceled for the day and to go look out the window. I would jump for joy and run for my ski stuff to get a head start on sledding.

Maybe you can tell I'm homesick at the moment... is it Tuesday yet? I'm ready to go home!

9 comments:

Patrice said...

Those pics do make me homesick for a white Christmas! At least I can light my fire and pretend!

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Oh so beautiful! I miss the pretty snow, Iowa snow is kinda ugly cause there aren't mountians or lots of trees... it's just grey, icey, blah yuck. We miss you guys! Merry Christmas!

Tiffany P. said...

Oh, so pretty. You guys be way safe on your long travels. Merry christmas!! OH, and for some reaso your christmas card got sent back to me. anyways, have fun!

Annie. said...

Sooooo pretty! My parents sent pics too!

Michelle M said...

I remember that in Chehalis, it's so pretty when it falls, and then the next day it's all slush. But when it did snow, we'd wake up extra early to turn on the radio and listen for school to be canceled or delayed. THOSE WERE THE BEST DAYS!

Tina said...

Good Luck today!!!

Tina said...

Congrats you two!!!

Heather Lee said...

Steve came home from visiting you guys so excited that you two were expecting twins, congratulations! I just read the cheesburger dream, totally had one of those when I was pregnant. I think I had every food dream while I was pregnant. It must have been all that moving and shaking in my belly at night. I hope you 4 have a very Merry Christmas!

Heather Lee said...

I just read your pregnancy info, nothing like that hightened gag reflex while you're brushing your teeth! I remember gagging the entire time...if not throwing up. Funny how reading yours and Annie's blogs makes me want to be pregnant again! I really never thought I'd say that, I had the luxury of throwing up every single day for 6 months. But having a baby (or babies) really is worth all of the not so fun stuff.
And does Dr. Glenn practice with his daughter? I think I was referred to them as well.

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS