Back in June we flew up to WA to spend some time with my family and to be there for my parent's farewell and setting apart. I originally was supposed to fly up with Cody just for the weekend but two weeks before we were to leave I started getting sad thinking about my parents leaving. So I changed mine and the boys' plane tickets and flew by myself with three kids 3 and under. It wasn't too bad. We had a few hiccups but we made it and everything turned out pretty good. It's a good thing the boys are experienced travelers. I think this was like their 12th flight.
It was funny to see people staring at me as we walked on and off the plane. They especially stared at Jaid because she was only 1 month old and still soo tiny. She was an angel and slept pretty much the whole time going and coming back.
 |
| I could never get tired of the view from my parent's house on the hill. I truly miss the green in WA! |
 |
| Lawn mower and tractor rides are a must when visiting. |
 |
| We spent lots and lots of time with cousins. This particular day we went to the children's museum in Olympia |
 |
| Eating chips at the farewell party |
 |
| My parents were expecting about 150 guests at the party so parking was going to be a problem up their driveway. So my dad rented a golfcart to transport people up and down the hill. The boys loved getting rides. |
 |
| Lena girl! Cutest member of the Matagi Clan! |
 |
| Family picture time! How come the last two times we've taken a family picture I had JUST had a baby. |
 |
| Cutest family! I miss them so much already! |
About a month before the farewell my Mom informed my Dad that she wanted a fire pit in the back yard that could hold about 20 people! So of course my Dad pulled it of and built an amazing fire pit and we used it about every night we were there. It was so fun.
Cody of course being a Webb led us in some campfire and scout songs. Everyone got to see the crazy side of Cody.
We had such a fun week together even though it was kinda crazy getting ready for the party. It feels so weird not going to WA this month like we always do. But we decided that next August even though my parents will be gone we will have to make a trip to see my Sister and her family. Cartrey have so much fun playing with their cousins. Plus, Selena and Jaid will be able to play together since their are only 5 months apart and I'm already missing the cool weather and green!
2 comments:
love the beautiful pictures! I remember the first time I heard Cody and Chris doing the "Oh Helena!" camp song and screaming until they were hoarse...good times.
These pictures make ME miss Washington and I haven't ever been there lol That view behind the pit is perfect.
Post a Comment