July 12, 2012

Jaid - One Month

So this is really her at 1 month 2 weeks after her growth spurt.

Two Weeks - Weight - 6 lbs 12 oz - 11% - Height - 19.5 in - 20%
Two Weeks 4 days - back to 7 lbs 3 oz 
One Month - 8 lbs

Miss Jaid, 

I can't believe that you are already a month old. For the last month I could probably sum you up in two words - great sleeper. You probably slept most of the month and ate the rest of the time. It isn't a bad thing, it's what newborns are supposed to do. You are just plain too easy. You never cry but boy are you a grunter. Any movement, either in your tummy or by us you grunt. You have the most explosive poops I've ever heard and you normally poop at every feeding like clock work. Nursing you has been a breeze. Way easier than with your brothers. You latch on great and suck so hard which did hurt for the first few weeks but it's getting better.

You love to be swaddled but your hands have to be by your face. I constantly have to make sure you have mittens on since you attack your face. It's very rare when we see you sleeping with your arms up in the air. You are also so strong. Getting you dressed or bathing you is quite hard sometimes. We try to pull your arms but you just pull back. You also hold up your neck so well and have been from the time you were born.

You are getting spoiled by everyone around you and rarely get put down. Your favorite place though is on our chest. You are such a cuddly little thing. 

You are on a pretty good schedule. You eat every 3 to 4 hours during the day and will go as long as 6 hour stretches at night. Amazing! Sometimes we get so nervous when you haven't woken up to eat. You have the cutest stretch routine when you wake up. It usually lasts about 3 minutes and you grunt the whole time.

You are just a petite little thing. Newborn clothes have been big on you from the beginning and still are. We love looking at your big blue eyes. Even though Daddy would argue with me that they aren't blue but they are. You have so much dark hair in the back and way less on top. I kinda hope that it'll stay dark and not go blonde like your brothers. 

The first two weeks of your life I just held you. I have been loving every minute of just being able to hold you and stare at you. I still can't believe you are here and that you are mine. Your brothers adore you and are already protective of you. You are such a sweet little baby and we just love you so much.

Sometimes I just wish you would stay this size forever but I know watching you grow and develop will be so fun. We're excited to watch your personality come out and record all of your milestones. 

With love, 

Mom

2 comments:

Haven Andelin said...

Aww I love little Jaiders and all her girly, cute things. (new nickname) Please can my next baby sleep like she does?

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Very sweet. Would love some advice on 3! Sounds like its going well. Can only hope the same for us come Sept.

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS