February 16, 2011

The last 3 weeks

Feels like the last 3 weeks has been the length of two months. Why?

Here's what's been going on!

- Cody turned 27 and was in San Diego during that time for LVN (LifeVantage). The Webb girls and the little boys took a trip to Blanding and had a baby shower for Haven (pics to come).

- Cody got a new job. AGAIN!! This is the 5th job in 4.5 years of marriage. He is now the Director of International Markets for HAVVN (pronounced "Haven"... yes it's weird that Cody's sister's name is also Haven)

- I'd love to tell you all about his new job and the switch but I'm afraid I'd get into trouble maybe saying certain things I'm not supposed to. Let's just say that he got recruited by Havvn and it was a month and a half LONG process of should we do it, should we leave LVN, is it a risk we are willing to take, are we even going to get the offer, will they accept our counter-offer... and on and on. We spent so many late nights talking over and over again about the two companies and which one would be the best opportunity for Cody and our family. It was the hardest decision we've had to make so far in our marriage and it was stressful... my face is evidence of that. Side note... why does stress have to make my face break out??? Because then I stress out even more because I'm all zitty and that leads to more zits... Awesome!

- So now Cody is working long hours and is expected to travel to Japan and Holland once a quarter. Very exciting for him and hopefully I can tag along once in a while. If not, I'm flying home or going to Blanding. I hate this whole being alone thing.

- Our ward split into two wards and we are now in the 2nd ward. New ward = new callings and Cody and I are now in scouting... yes scouting. Cody is the Scout Master and I'm the Webelos Leader. Cue more stress. I know nothing about scouting and I'm actually what they'd call "indoorsy" not "outdoorsy". Let's just say I'm nervous!

- Cody traveled to Chicago for work.

- I turned 25 and Cody treated me to dinner at The Roof and an iPhone! Definitely a perk of Cody's new job.

- Celebrated Valentines Day. Cody got home at 8pm and we had take-out for dinner. Negative of Cody's new job! haha

So that brings us to today where our family is trying to adjust to all of these new changes and responsibilities. I'm not at all saying that we have a hard life by any means. This is just a huge change and adjustment for our family and right now we are trying to figure everything out. Poor Cody is being pulled hard in three different directions and I'm trying to get used to being more of a single Mom than I'd like too.

I know we'll figure it all out and find balance again in our life. It might just take a while. Until then, you'll have to be patient about the lack of posts.

6 comments:

Annie. said...

First of all, your comment about the zits was just plain funny. :)

It was a lot crazier deciding than you told me! No kidding you were stressed, sounds like it was nuts.

Hopefully things will start looking up for you guys!

BRZZ Odom said...

hehe scouts 8) good luck with all the changes!! ;)

Adam said...

I can see why they wanted to recruit Cody looking at the two companies business model and product line. The more Risk the more Reward is what they say:)Good Luck with the new Job!

Adam

Ginger said...

Wow!!! Sounds like life is a little crazy. Hang in there. I hope Cody is loving his job and that your little family adjusts. Good luck!

Elise said...

Cody must be really good at what he does because all these companies want him to work for them. This sounds like a really great opportunity. Maybe you can travel with him one of these times? Congrats on the new job and I hope the transition is smooth. I know what it's like to have a husband working long hours and it is not fun! But you do get used to it as long as you have projects and things to do. Congratulations on everything!

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

I hear you on the traveling....

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS