I can't believe it's been 7 weeks already! I'm sorry we only posted two times last month but we've been busy. I've posted a lot of pics of the boys but I haven't really told you about them. So below is a list of things about each boy so you can get to know the cuties.
We are doing well. I'm now on my own taking care of the boys. It's been so nice to have help for the last 6 weeks! Thank you so much to the Grandmas for staying up late with me and thanks so much to the Grandpas for allowing Grandma to come stay! I really appreciate it!
I am no longer nursing but pumping and feeding the boys by bottles. It was a little sad at first but with the long nights and having to feed two babies, I was getting no rest and I was losing my mind. Pumping and feeding the boys by bottles is very nice! Especially when it allows people to help me out with feedings and even allows Cody to let me sleep (he's so good to me). I feel bad that I didn't ever have that "spiritual experience" with nursing but hopefully I'll get that experience with a future singleton birth!
The boys are on a pretty consistent schedule. They eat every three hours and now go longer at least one time during the night. I love waking up to see they went 4 and even 5 hours between a feeding. I try to do most of the feedings at night by myself to allow Cody to sleep but sometimes when both babies are hungry, it's nice to have his help.
okay okay about the boys!
Carter:
- Now weighs about 11 pounds! We call him our little chunk just cause he feels so much heavier then Trey.
- Now wearing 0-3 month clothes but still fits newborn clothes which are tight
- Our little grunter
- Not very patient when it comes to being hungry. If it's feeding time and I'm not ready, he screams - loud!
- Chomps down 4 oz in about 5-10 minutes
- Loves to look at people!
- Our little squawker. He doesn't really cry but squawks when he's bored or wants something
- Smiles now but not consistently
- Has mommy's big blue eyes and steals your heart when he stares at you
- Our little Trey bud - now 10 pounds and starting to get those chubby cheeks
- Still in newborn clothes
- Little whiner - makes the cutest little noises to let you know he's sad
- Slow slow eater but eats the same amount as Carter
- Hates being naked and lets us know that - diaper changes and baths are hard for him and us!!!
- Loves to lay on his tummy especially on daddy's chest
- Has a hard time eating - sucks in a lot of air and forgets to breathe and swallow
- Funniest facial expressions!! Looks serious and worried and looks at you like "What are you doing to me"or "What's going on"
- Has the cutest little angel face and big blue eyes
- Has the longest fingers and toes. Toes are "Shumway" toes
6 comments:
You guys your babies are so adorable. Thanks for the update. It's fun to hear some of their personality traits!
They are so so cute. It's crazy how different they look. I am glad everything is going well with you guys, I hope to see more pictures of these babies soon. I love hearing about them!
We didn't think they could get cuter, but they do. We can tell how much you're both enjoying them.
they are getting so big and oh so cute! and here's my two cents about the nursing vs. pumping/bottle.. i personally don't feel any stronger connection between me and my baby when i do one or the other.. i never really understood everyone talking about the strong bond cause if anything i love when she looks at me while giving her a bottle.. maybe i'm weird, and maybe its' cause i ahve never liked nursing and only continue it because of convienience (sp?)But i couldn't imagine trying to do it for two.. you would lose your mind! but i am glad you guys are doing well!!!
I nursed both of my kids, but I didn't really love doing it. It was more of a chore than a tender bond. I felt so liberated when I quit nursing each of them at 10 months! But even though I nursed, I still pumped 1 or 2 bottles a day so I could have some freedom during a few feedings and pass the baby off to someone else.
OH, can they get ANY cuter?
Post a Comment