I received my crib bedding this morning. I was so excited when the doorbell rang and it was the UPS guy! He probably thought I was so weird as I signed the paper with a huge smile on my face! I fell in love with this bedding a year ago when Annie told me to look it up. Thanks Annie!! Isn't the crib so cute! If I had all the money in the world I'd buy it but it's not practical.
Cody and I also had a first in the baby world today. We bought our first box of diapers! Woo hoo! 92 little diapers! Cody and I decided that since we're having twins and they will go through a lot of diapers we should start stocking up now. So whenever we go shopping we'll grab some diapers or something else like wipes to help the shock of buying a truck load at once.
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes one baby to go through one box of 92 diapers? I'd appreciate any advice or experience with buying diapers :)
I think my tummy is growing again, it's really tight and itches which probably means it's growing. I've had people ask how I'm doing and I'm glad we have people who are concerned with my wellbeing. I'm feeling great. I have a lot more energy then the first trimester and my nausea is all gone except for at night after taking prenatal pills. They are evil! The only things that suck are: back aches, feet hurting after being on them for too long (like grocery shopping), random sharp pains in my left side, and trouble sleeping. But I can't really complain! I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday so hopefully I'll have more news then. Hopefully good news of course.
14 comments:
hmmm..I would probably say that it takes one baby about a week or two at the very most to go through that many diapers...especially newborns. You are so smart to start buying diapers already..stock up good! I love costco!! :) I am so glad that you are feeling so great, I just love your little belly and am just so excited for you!
I can tell you how fast a newborn will go through that package of diapers, cause I have lots of sisters with recent babies...for ONE baby, it will take about 8 days! AHHHHH! Stock up, honey! :) They say 8-12 diapers a day per baby for a newborn. You're going to be an EXPERT!
Wow, I don't know if my babies were different or what, but we have ever only gone through 5-8 diapers a day with newborns. But that is because my babies don't poop every feeding cycle.
Also, gotta love the round ligament pains! I had those a lot with Everett. Don't worry, they're nothing to worry about. Just means you're growing. But my OB did facetiously tell me to tell Joel it meant I couldn't do the dishes or vacuuming. . .so I guess you could try that approach :)
Oh, and P.S. I haven't had babies come early so this probably won't apply to your twins, but babies don't stay in the newborn diaper size for very long, maybe just a few weeks. Ashley is in size 2, FYI.
Haha, another P.S. AMAZON for diapers. Genius. Supposedly it's the #1 thing bought on Amazon, actually.
I think on average about 5-6 diapers a day per baby. Hey, the bedding is so adorable!!
I had those pains ALL THE TIME. especially if i had been sitting and then i stand up quickly. I agree with Elise, we didn't go through that many. I bought a huge box of 92 two weeks ago and they're about 2/3 the way gone. but newborns are different, especially newborn boys. they're pee manages to shoot in every direction.
Wow, we went through 10 diapers a day for a long time. Partly it was because she pooed or peed out of her diaper so often that if there was anything in it I changed it. Now we go through 5-6 a day. And because you have twins and they will likely be born early, you may be in newborn diapers for a while! Katrina was little enough that she stayed in newborn diapers for at least a month.
Montanna went through 160 diapers in the first 3 weeks! It's good you are stalking up.
Love love love pampers swaddlers. They smell good and were the best diapers by far for Holland when she was newborn. Once she started eating regular food I started buying the cheaper diapers bc the number of blowouts went down (solid poop and all that) Too much info?
Anyway, when Holland was a newborn she probably went through a pack of 92 in a couple weeks. It seemed like I was constantly changing her because you're constantly feeding them. And if even one of your baby's is like her, there will be a little surprise after EVERY feeding.
It's hard to say how many size newborn you will need with twins, who will most likely be smaller than my 8lb6ouncer...most first time mom's have newborns smaller than that I think. Anyway, I know at costco if you don't use more than half of the diapers you can bring them back. You should look into store return policies bc I only bought a couple packs of newborn. Holland has been in size 3 for like 6 months.
That bedding is beautiful! Did you buy two matching sets for the boys? I LOVE IT.
Trouble sleeping? UNISOM. It helped me sleep through my pregnancies (although I usually got up once to pee). It also kept my stomach calm for breakfast in the morning (otherwise, breakfast came up).
Oh my! I love your bedding that is adorable!! Thanks for the comment! You guys will have darling kids! We are so excited for you both!! I dont know if it will help, but when I was pregnant I always slept with a pillow between my legs! It helped my back!
Darling bedding! Are you doing 2 matching? and 2 cribs? I LOVE Pampers Swaddlers, too.
Well I think everyone has about answered your question about how many diapers to use. Your bedding is very cute. I've just started working on ours this week. If you're having a hard time falling asleep you can try taking a calcium and/or magnesium supplement.
Post a Comment