June 29, 2008

A Friend of Mine

In the Devner airport, on my way home from my mission in Mexico City in December 2004, I met a young woman named Amanda. She approached me because I was alone and without a companion. She had seen missionaries at her friend's house and had already met with them once and thought it peculiar that I was by myself. We talked for several hours about my mission and the gospel.

Several months later I got a phone call from her telling me she had been baptized. She had called my mission to get my number. I was pretty excited. We have kept in touch as she has gone through many trials and many blessings since becoming a member. She has now been through the temple and will be getting married to a recent convert to the church.

Last week she came to Utah and invited me over to her friend's (who she introduced the gospel to and was later baptized) for dinner. I enjoyed meeting the missionaries who taught her, talking, singing songs, readings scriptures, and playing with these triplet girls. Too bad my Amanda was sick and couldn't be there.

1 comment:

Annie. said...

Cody, that is so neat. What an awesome thing to be a part of. Especially to see the lives Amanda has touched through sharing the gospel herself! Those are some of the sweetest feelings life has to offer.

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS