
Can't believe it's been nearly two weeks since the last post. I guess we were taking a "blog break." Since then, the big news is that Amanda graduated in Marriage, Family, and Human Development from BYU. That's right, our little girl is all grown up (tear, tear, wipe, wipe)!

I am so excited to be able to spend time with my girl without hearing "I have homework." I'm not sure what we are going to do with our free evenings, maybe fly a kite. You think I'm kidding but I'll do it.

Leia graduated this week too. She was Amanda's roommate in the apartments where we met. She has been a good friend ever since. Leia is headed off somewhere to manage a Buckle store. Amanda has several interviews as an accounting clerk this week, but what she really can't wait to be is a mother. We'll see what I can do about that? Any suggestions?
In the picture above is Arianne, one of Amanda's friends through school. I believe they are off to graduate school. Amanda has met and introduced me to some great people through her classes. A lot of them graduated last year and she really misses them.

Last but not least, we were very excited to have Amanda's parents in town. They like to have fun and take us along for the ride. We appreciate all that both our parents and family members do to show their love and support. My mom and dad came up after Haven's softball senior night to go to Ryan Averett's sealing with us, which was very special by the way. After the reception, my parents took us all out to dinner to celebrate graduation. Amanda got to choose where we ate. Where do you think she chose? For those of you who know Amanda you probably said Cafe Rio. Well we had already had that the day before for lunch. For those of you who said P.F. Chang's, you were close too, but we had that for dinner the night before. For the rest of you who have given up by now, the answer is California Pizza Kitchen. I should change her status to now being obsessed with BBQ pizza and salads.
To view more pics of Amanda's graduation go here.
P.S. (by Amanda) Thanks everyone for your graduation wishes! I really appreciate it!
P.S. (by Amanda) Thanks everyone for your graduation wishes! I really appreciate it!
4 comments:
CONGRATS! I am so happy for you! You look so great in all those pictures. Off to "bigger and better things" now, right? What a relief to not have to worry about homework anymore!
I think I've seen those pics. Just remember we are proud of you. It takes a lot of hard work to graduate from BYU.
Love Mom and Dad
CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA! I'm so happy for you, and I LOVE that Cody called you "my girl" and is so excited to spend time with you. You guys are so cute.
Congratulations! That is so exciting! Way to go!
Post a Comment