January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Cody!

Today is Cody's 24th Birthday if you didn't notice. We spent the whole weekend celebrating the birth of my wonderful husband. Friday we had our normal Friday night movie and a pizza. Saturday we went to Carrabbas for steak and pasta - soo good, then caught a dollar movie. Sunday I made Cody his favorite meal, roast and potatoes. And today for his actual birthday, we are going to get tacos from Las Tarascas, Cody loves their tacos al pastor. He says they are the closest he can find to the ones from his mission. They are pretty dang good!

So on Sunday to keep up the Webb birthday tradition, I made homemade doughnuts for Cody. What did I get myself into. There was flour, grease, and frosting everywhere and all over me. It was a lot of work but they turned out good so the hard work was worth it. I told Cody to enjoy them since it'll be another year until I make them again.

Left: Our first attempt at yeast, our home teachers came over and after 20 minutes our yeast was out of control. Right: Me and flour have a love hate relationship.

Me happily becoming Betty Crocker for Cody!

Tons and tons of doughnuts!!! They are really good though.

After I was about done, our good friends the Webbs came over to try some doughnuts. Once they got to our place Annie helped me finish the doughnuts while Cody and Talon hung out and ended up playing Blitz on our ghetto 64. It was so much fun watching those two play. Annie and I of course just talked and relaxed on the couch. We love hanging out with the Webbs and are so grateful for their friendship. We love you guys!!

Cody & Talon playing Blitz. Aren't they cute? Annie and I think so!!

3 comments:

Tiffany P. said...

WOW!!! Those donuts look amazing!!! YOu guys will be eating donuts for weeks! Good job Amanda! I always want to make homemade donuts like my mom but I agree with you, they are a floury, greasy MESS! Happy Birthday Spud!

Leslie Redd said...

Happy Birthday Cody. And I agree with Tiff you guys will be eating donuts forever, that's lots for just the two of ya, (Good Luck with that.) Hope all is well with you guys =)

Annie. said...

Happy (late) birthday Cody! I can't believe that we forgot to at least text you or something. I am ashamed. We are bad friends. Hope you enjoyed your day with Manda!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS