January 10, 2008

2007 Holiday Season

This year Cody and I were treated to a 2 week break from life as we spent Christmas in Blanding and New Years in Chehalis. We had a blast at both places and loved spending so much time with our families. Spending time with our families is our favorite thing to do.... besides eat all the yummy food they make us.

Christmas in Blanding

Cody and I spent a week in Blanding for Christmas. It was my first time ever being away from my family for Christmas and I really appreciated how loved Cody's family made me feel. We enjoyed playing the Wii every night as a family; bowling and tennis was a family favorite. While Cody did... well I don't know what he really did.... owell, I was treated to learning how to cook like Stacey Webb. She is a really good cook and she taught me how to make doughnuts from scratch, Navajo Tacos, and everything else she cooked while we were there. Now the hard part is cooking that stuff in my own kitchen without Stacey. I'll try!!

I was also treated to the Webb/Johnson traditions of Christmas. Dipping chocolates, caroling to the neighbors, we missed the cookie train :( and other fun stuff. On Christmas Eve the great grand kids reenacted the Nativity Scene. To make a long story short, the angel took off with baby Jesus and tried to hide him in the closet while the shepherds were fighting over their canes. Lets just say all the adults were laughing at the chaos. We also got to visit with Cody's friends over dinner which was funny hearing them reminisce about the good ol' days. Overall Cody and I had a great Christmas with his family just relaxing and eating... a little too much eating.

New Years in Chehalis

After working for two days to catch back up on work... we flew to Washington to see my family. The first thing I was excited about was to get away from the bitter cold in Utah. I love the mild weather of the Pacific Northwest. People probably think I'm crazy but the rain is a lot better then 11 degrees and snow everywhere. Once in Chehalis my parents took Cody and I around the surrounding areas to show the damage of the flood. It was crazy seeing all the destruction and how much damage water can do to a community. I will post a slideshow of the pictures we took and post them to the previous flood post.

Once Jamie and the boys got home from Hawaii, we were treated to a second Christmas. We rang in the New Year with fondue, playing games, and the usual fireworks in the rain. Dano didn't like the sound the fireworks made and said they'd hurt him. What a cutie. We spent the rest of the week just hanging out and visiting with my friends. In my spare time, I beat Super Mario Galaxy on Wii. Just ask Cody how much fun he had being my sidekick. haha

The weekend before we left, my parents took us down HWY 101 to see the Oregon Coast. Cody loved it and wanted to be on the stormy cold beach every spare moment. We started at the Tillamook Factory which makes my favorite cheese on earth. Gotta love squeaky cheese! We then went to Lincoln City, Pacific City, Depoe Bay, and finally Newport before heading north to the airport.

We had such a great vacation it was so hard being at work this week. Cody and I both enjoyed spending the time with our families and are so grateful for their generosity. We love them so much and can't wait to spend time with them again. Sorry about the long post, there was so much to tell you about. Enjoy the movie Cody made of our vacation!!

4 comments:

Annie. said...

CUTE video! I loved it! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. It is always SO nice to be with family. Your nephews are absolutely adorable! They are going to be lady killers someday, I tell you what.

I want to do that Oregon coast drive also! Wow, the pictures were amazing! And can you believe I have NEVER been to the Tillamook factory??

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Wow! Those pictures of the beach are so beautiful! No wonder you love Oregon so much. Hey you need to email me and let me know how everything is going (you know what I mean) and guess what!? I am going to be in St. George from the 13th of Feb to the 22nd. If there is ANY way you could come down I would love to see you. You can come stay with us if you want! Let me know.

Leslie Redd said...

Hey it's good to know someone reads our blog. I think you guys might be the only ones though. Hey the website you can look at for the coding course is www.careerstep.com. Hope all is well with you guys, Take Care!

Annie. said...

Ok, it is time for a new post. :)

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS