I spent the majority of the weekend in Big Bear Lake City in California. I took advantage of our World Mark membership to stay in one of our resorts there in Big Bear. It was pretty nice.I went to present Photomax to a group of Nu Skin distributors. I left on Friday morning and returned Saturday evening. I wanted to go a couple of hours west to visit my brother Lant on his mission in Long Beach but on Mother's Day he said no way.
I have to say that Utah is much prettier than the areas in California I saw. I never knew California was such a dead desert (and very smoggy)! Also, I was very impressed with a little restaurant I stopped at for lunch called Red Brick Pizza. I also recommend the Peppercorn Grille in Big Bear if you're ever passing through.
The final thing I want to mention about my trip this weekend was how much influence the Latin American population has in that area. I was amazed. I got the chance to talk to a very nice Mexican couple who were telling me about their experience in the U.S. It was pretty cool to be speaking Spanish again--its been two years since my mission in Mexico and I still felt pretty comfortable.
Although I missed my Amanda it was a good experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment