August 19, 2015

1st Grade

Carter & Trey meeting their 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Carpenter, for the first time. It's so interesting how different these two boys are. I guess it shouldn't surprise me but it continues to. Carter was so excited and seemed so confident in his ability to find his classroom and way around. Trey on the other hand was quiet and more timid. I feel for him though since I'm like that in a new place and when things change. I love that they have each other and that I know Carter looks after Trey when he needs it and Trey does the same for Carter. What a special bond they have and will always have. I sometimes am jealous of their connection with each other. They truly have a built-in best friend forever. 
I did not think that I would get emotional on the boys' first day of school but I was wrong. As we knelt down to say our morning family prayer Cody asked me to say it and I lost it. I can't believe that my little miracle babies are growing up so fast. Although I was looking forward to the break I knew that they would never spend as much time with me ever again. They were starting their school age years and would spend more time at school than with me. It scares me when I think about it and just reminds me how important the time that they do spend at home is. I worry every day that I'm raising them right and that they will make good choices. It actually scares me. I try not to think about it. Ha. 
Oh school pictures crack me up! I literally buy them so the boys will have embarrassing pics for their wedding montage video one day. haha

No comments:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS