The boys have always been great talkers. They pretty much say everything and I try to teach them new words weekly. Cody sometimes looks at me like I'm crazy teaching them certain words like they are too young but they get them all. It's amazing.
Here are some funny phrases they've been saying lately:
- I was telling them that when we got home we were going to make a sandwich and then take a nap. Trey responded with, "You've got to be kidding me!"
- They love to say, "What the heck."
- Carter comes up to me and says, "I've had a hard day." haha
- Carter - "Mom, come give me a kiss. I need to go to the building and go to work. I don't want to make you sad."
- I started walking to the kitchen and Carter yelled out, "Mom, you hungry again!" oh man
- "Mustard, don't less be silly"
- "Are you funky?"
- Carter was running away from Trey and Trey ran up and said, "RARRR... I'm a dinosaur." and than bit Carter on the shoulder. I immediately went to stop this little game and when talking to Trey about not biting people he said, "But I'm a dinosaur and I eat meat!" oh boy
- I always call Trey my little rabbit because he loves veggies and will eat all his veggies before anything else on his plate. I was eating carrots and said, "Trey you're a rabbit, you love carrots." and he replied, "I'm not a rabbit, I'm just Trey that likes carrots."
- Trey, "Daddy can I have an Oreo, because I love you!"
- Trey, "Carter, you're a genius."
The binky fairy came in the middle of the night back in February and took all the binkies to babies at the hospitals around the world. The boys responded pretty well to this and we have rough 3 nights but we are through it and hopefully they wont freak out when baby girl has a binky.
No binkies mean no easy naps. I have to separate them now to have "quiet time" so they will fall asleep.
We took the front of their cribs off and they now sleep in toddler beds. We are getting them ready for bunk beds since I need one of the cribs for baby girl. They did pretty good the first night but wouldn't stay in their room so we had to put a child lock on the door knob and they sleep just fine now. Phew
We're still struggling with potty training. They do pee great but poo is a whole other issue. We don't know what to do sometimes. It is so frustrating. It doesn't help that they get so constipated.
Some randoms about the boys:
- Are best of friends. Trey calls Carter his best friend and they give each other hugs daily.
- Are so excited for baby sister. They touch my belly and talk to her.
- Know their full names and birthday
- Love the normal boy things - trains, cars, planes, trucks, and guns.
- Love FHE games like, hide and seek, london bridges, guess the animal, and don't eat pete.
- Do great at FHE and will sit and listen to the lesson for about 10 minutes.
- Love to talk and read about Jesus and Heavenly Father and love to say prayers.
- Absolutely love nursery and are so upset when they are sick and can't go.
- Favorite tv shows - Word World, Sesame Street, Super Why, and Curious George.
- Can count to twenty, knows all their colors and shapes.
- Recently realized that out world is made of shapes and loves to point them all out.
- Love to play pretend. They pretend to go to work like daddy or play mommy and daddy and baby.
- Love going to church and love being around Daddy and the scouts.
- Know that when they turn 8 they will be baptized and can't wait to be a boy scout and go to the temple.
- We found them asleep in each others bed the other night. It was so cute. Also, one night Trey was scared so we asked him if Carter in his bed would help and it did. So cute!
- Have to wear their sunglasses whenever in the car. Even if it's not sunny.
Some individual things about the boys:
Carter:
- Favorites foods are pizza, eggs, ham, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, anything bread, absolutely loves toast, yogurt, and apples and peanut butter. Oh and everything goes in ketchup.
- Oh and he's made of cheese... he just always wants cheese.
- Needs lots of physical touch and attention. He can't really play alone and needs Trey or me to keep him busy.
- Loves Toy Story and Bugs Life
- Still has to wear pullups at night. He'll be dry in the morning randomly.
- Loves FHE and asks to have FHE about daily.
- Loves to be in the kitchen with me and help me cook.
- So aggressive and emotional but can be the sweetest little boy a second later. He's a roller coaster.
- Opinionated about everything. Where we go, which way a store is, and what he eats.
- Wants to do everything himself.
- So animated. His facial expressions and hand movements are the best.
- Rarely eats and sometimes it's a fight to get him to sit still long enough to eat a whole meal.
- Pushes everything to the edge. He likes to see how much he can manipulate his world to get what he wants.
- Is a leader in every way and will tell anyone what to do.
Trey:
- Will eat pretty much anything but he would eat mac n cheese everyday if I let him. He loves veggies and fruits and spicy things. He loves to dip his food in ketchup, salsa, ranch, cafe rio dressing, and anything I will give him.
- Can play independent for hours.
- Obsessed with Lightning McQueen. He has to have a little car with him at all times. Lightning has just become part of the family.
- Wears underwear to bed and is always dry in the morning.
- Loves to sing. He has a great memory and knows so many songs.
- Stubborn little guy when he doesn't want to do something and does not do well with time out.
- Plays the victim well.
- Amazing memory. He can recall things months and months in the past and tell you all the details.
- Is taller and weighs more than Carter but feels lighter.
- Eats like crazy and would drink all his meals if he could. Loves OJ the most.
- So mellow and goes with the flow really well.
- Is so observant of his world and what people say in certain situations. For example, when you take him potty in the morning he knows that I'm going to praise him for staying dry so he'll say, "Say thanks for staying dry Trey." He will do that for tons of other situations.
- Scared of monsters, dinosaurs, and other scary characters. We have to remind him that they aren't real. They are fake.
- Talks nonstop
- Thinks it's only time to go to sleep when it's dark outside.
- Has found a new love for pestering Carter. He loves the reactions he gets out of Carter. It makes car rides oh so fun.
2 comments:
on the potty training thing...Brooklyn had the same problem with not pooping in the toilet...ugh, cleaning up poop is the worst! She responded REALLY well to a sticker chart, where she got a sticker (and a skittle) for every time she DID poop and after a certain number of stickers she got to pick a prize(out of a bucket of dollar store toys)...it was the only thing that motivated her. Good luck with the potty training and with the final stretch of your pregnancy!
Your boys are darling! I'm glad you have recorded things that they have said. You and they will be so happy you did that. Good luck in the last month or so of your pregnancy! So exciting!
Post a Comment