May 20, 2011

WA Trip - Pt. Defiance Zoo

While home my Mom & I took the boys to the zoo for the first time. They loved it! I loved the beautiful scenery and how nice the weather was. Makes me wish I lived in WA.

 
Look at that background. You can't see very well in the pic but the Olympic Mountains are hiding behind the clouds and there were tons of sail boats out on the sound.
We forgot the strollers so we rented a double stroller and the boys loved it. They were actually willing to sit in this stroller versus their own.

Carter jumped out of the stroller to go see the peacock... he got a little too close though and the peacock started rattling it's feathers and Carter was out of there. There were about 4 peacocks just free to wonder around the zoo.
The elephant was definitely one of the boys' favorite animal they saw. They kept talking about how the elephant was eating apples.
Going underground to see the walrus was hilarious! After these pictures were taken Carter was so scared of the walrus. He kept saying "don't get me, don't get me" and "scary walrus" So he got down and stayed behind my legs where Trey just watched the walrus as it would continue to swim right in front of us and push it's body against the glass.
HAHA I love this picture!
Why did you put me in this!! I don't like this.
 
Oh wait... maybe I do like this!
Trey enjoyed spinning Carter and Carter enjoyed Trey spinning him. They are so fun when they interact with eachother. It makes all the hard times worth it seeing them be best friends.

Carter loved the "big boy" slide. Trey not so much. He stopped himself and cried for me until a little boy went behind him and gently pushed him down. Trey called it "too big" for him.

I just love these faces.
Pooped after the zoo. They had so much fun! Thank you Grandma for taking us to the zoo!!

Cody was sad he missed out on their first zoo experience. So I'm sure we'll be going to Hoogle Zoo soon.

3 comments:

Annie. said...

Such cute pics. What a fun day! The boys are adorable. Love them, love you. Miss you too!

Andrea said...

So fun!
We are in Seattle for the summer, and were looking at going to the Woodland Park Zoo, but people were telling us that it wasn't that great...Is the Pt. Defiance zoo better?

wellsfam08 at gmail dot com

The Carroll Family said...

Let's go to the zoo together!! We have a pass that gets like eight adults and ten kids in for free, plus unlimited train/carousel rides. I am a slacker and have only taken the boys once this year. Let's do it!!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS