I can't believe in two short months my little boys will be 2!!! 2 years old seems crazy to me and I have TWO 2 year olds. What did I get myself into? haha
![]() |
| Future Missionaries - Cody added the little tags, so cute! |
I haven't written in a long time it seems about what the boys are doing developmentally and how their personalities are showing through. So, here we go!
TREY: Is such a softy and get his feelings hurt easily. He can be so serious sometimes and really study an object or a surrounding. He is slower to warm up around people and has a few favorite buddies where he lights up when they come around. In fact, when the doorbell rings, he immediately runs and yells Leia!!
Trey is so silly and plays pretend often. He talks non stop and loves to repeat everything you say. He answers yes by saying "okay" and often tells you "I'm excited" about something. When he gets excited he usually stomps his feet really fast and waves his arms and has the biggest grin. He also likes to tell us that "I cute" and then will point to himself. He will also tell you when someone else or something is cute.
He talks in full sentences now and a few are, "I want chicken", "I'm sorry mommy", "fruit snack please mommy", "I don't want it", "I don't like it", "There you are", "I found you mommy", and tons more. I can't believe at how much they are talking.
Trey is my easy going kid. He is calm and usually pretty good about being quiet in public and rarely throws fits or tantrums. He'll eat pretty much everything and loves spicy food. He loves cereal and peas and grapes the most.
Trey knows the majority of the alphabet and loves to point out letters and tell you which one it is. If you are wearing any clothing with letters on it be prepared to have him tell you every letter on your clothing. Trey can count to 6 and loves to count over and over again. Especially when he is tired and trying to keep himself awake.
Trey is amazing with my iphone. He can play most of the games I have downloaded for him but even cooler is that he knows how to get to the exact game he wants by himself. He is just a smart kid and amazes us each day.
CARTER: Carter is emotional!! Oh boy is he ever. He has so much spunk in him that when he doesn't get his way he just lets it all out. He is a very stubborn little boy and wants his way every time. He will tell you exactly what he wants to eat and do and will even try and make you do what he wants by pulling, pushing, and positioning you how he wants. When he gets mad, he takes it out on his brother. We've already started time outs and he knows what he is doing is wrong but negative attention is still attention to Carter.
He is such a smily boy and so out going. He will run off and never look back so we have to watch him very carefully! He loves to explore everything and loves being outside. He will say hi to everyone walking by and gives them the biggest smile.
Carter has become a picky little eater and doesn't like to try new things. His favs are: pb and j, chicken nuggets, hot dog, cheese, peas, juice, milk, ham, carrots, and his all time favorite food is grapes. He will eat grapes non stop.
Carter also is one smart boy. He also talks in full sentences now and loves to tell me about his day or tell Trey what to do. He knows the majority of the alphabet as well but isn't interested in telling you about all the letters he sees like Trey. He can also count to 5. Even though it seems like Trey is the star when it comes to the alphabet and other things, don't let Carter fool you! He knows exactly what Trey does he is just more reserved about showing off unless it is to get something out of you.
BOTH BOYS:
Are amazing and I can say that because they are mine and lets face it it's true :) They bring so much joy to not only Cody and I but our family and friends. It is so much fun watching them learn new things each day and watching them become little boys and the best of friends.
Here's to hoping that we don't go through the terrible twos.... HA yeah right!


2 comments:
Its so true they both have magnetic personalities and we feel the constant pull to be near them. We love our grandsons and well - their parents too :)
Oh my gosh! Could your kids be any cuter?!!! What handsome boys! It's amazing how fast they grow up!
Post a Comment