October 10, 2010

Nearby Sighting

I was brushing my teeth one morning when I looked out the window to see a little two-point in the field across the street.  I grabbed the camera on the way out the door to see how close I could get.  I haven't hunted deer since before my mission and this was my chance to get a "shot".
I looked out the window and what did I see? Not popcorn.
I barely approached them when they starting bounding south.  I was not quick to give up. I jumped in my car and headed down the road. And snapped this shot. Not bad for a un-photographer eh?

Where's the deer?


As I drove further down the road my rusty old hunter eyes were able to catch a glimpse of this.  I call it the triple threat. I know, no threat here, but a killer title helps market the picture better.

The Triple Threat
With soaking wet dress slacks, tropping through the mud with my camera in hand, I can only imagine what the passers-by were thinking.  I didn't get very clear views but I had a blast.  I could do that more often.  I might even get good at taking pictures one of these days.

Little Two Pointer Again
In the end the baulkers took off and I was left to take one last shot of my view to the right.  Pretty little stream that didn't say "Give" (at least while I was there).

THE END. Stay tuned for more adventures with Cody.

3 comments:

Michelle M said...

You are amusing. And I completely give up- I cannot find the deer in that second picture.

Chris said...

Awesome Pics - time to go hunting again

Patrice said...

What a rush! I love the pics!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS