June 2, 2010

Landscaping

We once had dirt as our landscape and now we actually have grass, trees, shrubs, and flowers!

Before picture - forgot to take one so this is from when we built


Watching the cement truck pour our patio and they loved watching the bobcat do it's thing


Laying sod after sprinklers, curbing, and patio were finished


West side of house


Backyard - thanks to those who came and helped lay sod!

Plants and trees to plant - only half of what we ended up with

Cody and Chris working on laying the garden blend soil


Of course Carter and Trey helping by throwing the soil on the grass

laying the weed barrier and placing plants where they go


Cody mowing his own yard for the first time - he was so excited


Our little burm with a flowering pear tree. I can't wait to see it bloom next spring.

I liked this pic because of the snowy mountains in the background

Our new patio and backyard, can you see the boys playing in their sand/water table

Our double weeping cherry going through shock and hopefully will pull through.

Special thanks to Aspen Landscaping for doing a great job on the sprinklers and patio, Olson's Nursery for the plants, and Haven for designing it.

Double thanks to our parents who helped the weekend of planting everything.

8 comments:

Patrice said...

Beautiful! Can we come visit?

Joe & Haven Andelin said...

It really does look so good! O and special thanks to Haven for designing the landscape ( :

Lindsey said...

so pretty!! I love your house.

Annie. said...

It looks fabulous! I'm so sad after seeing the photos of your boys, because I realized I never took pics of Eli watching the tractors. That's all he did for 2 days, and it was so cute!

Lant said...

I made it in a picture!

Elise said...

Wow, looks great you guys! You have good taste. And the pictures on your blog really make me want a nice camera. It makes such a difference, even in simple shots like these!

Michelle M said...

It looks so nice! And even though I envy you for having a house, I DON'T envy you for having weeding, edging, and mowing from now on. (Although who am I kidding? Derrick and my mom did all of that work at our house in Provo- so I can't really complain!)

Gary and Kirsten said...

Wow, what a difference the landscaping made. Your house looks beautiful. I am sure you will be out in the yard a lot this summer. We will be in Utah in August and we will make sure to come by for a visit.

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS