Tuesday morning the Doc let Trey and Carter go home. Amanda was well prepared with matching "going home" outfits to celebrate the day. Dad had a completely different approach to driving that day; suddenly the gas pedal was harder to push, turning became not so menial, and defensive driving seemed much more appropriate. We all made it home safe and sound. We can look back now and see many positive things and very few negative things that came from our three-day stay in the NICU. We are grateful for the hope and peace that come from knowing who is watching out for our children from above. I love having two little sons and all that has come with them.
***UPDATE***
Trey and Carter have been with us for one whole day now. They are doing exceptionally well. They wake up on their own every three hours like clock work and feed for 30 minutes. Their diaper count is perfect but dad's diaper changing skills are not. With one boy feeding before the other and the pumping session that follows, Dad and Mom have the chance to sleep for about an hour maybe an hour and a half if they crash right away.
Amanda has been in quite a bit of pain from the episiotomy. From what I can observe she is in more pain now than at any point during labor or delivery. Hopefully the next day or two bring some relief. She will post her delivery story when she gets the chance--watch for it in about 9 months or so...
16 comments:
Ouch, episiotomy. I remember those! Hang in there, Amanda! I have been thinking about you guys a lot, and so I'm glad to know they're home. I'm glad they're still sleeping well!
oooh ouch. reading that made me hurt. recovery really is one of the toughest parts. i promise though someday you will be normal again...
The babies are to tiny and cute. I love the bath pictures especially, that's one of the coolest things.
OH my goodness oh my goodness! They're home! Yay! :) They're soooooo cute! Congrats Cody and Amanda! Oh Happy Days! ;)
I laughed at the 9 months comment. Do you have anyone helping with the burping, changing, bathing stuff so you can rest?
Give me a call if you want some tandem feeding tips. Hmmm. I'm not sure I have any tips. Wish I were there to help. You know, Aunt Corrine really helped me get my feedings on track. Maybe she can give you some suggestions.
They are so TINY and so ADORABLE! I can't believe how much older in the hopstial they look already, and how different than when we saw them just a few days ago! I love the photos of them with their eyes open, since we never got to see them alert at the hospital! We need to stop by ASAP and visit you guys. :)
I still can't believe they are HERE!
Congrats!!!!!!!! They are SO adorable! Good luck with everything. It is the most amazing and fun thing!!!
congratulations! they are so cute. plus, they have the best birthday ever! (my bday is also may 22)!
Keep the pictures coming! We FAR-away admirers can't get enough. I must admit that I laughed when I saw the blow dryer and CURLING IRON right next to the bath-time babies.
Cody- thanks for posting while Amanda's busy with nursing/pumping/sleeping/and maybe eating, too.
Amanda- Episiotomy?! You delivered them both VAGINALLY?! WOW! Are you Superwoman?
Yeah! I am so happy the boys were able to come home and are doing so well! You guys are amazing!
I'm so glad they made it home! So glad everything worked out. I'm still sore two weeks after labor so good luck!! I'm counting on Tiff's comment to be right and everything will feel normal again one day!!
Congrats on having 2 cute boys at home!!!
I can't believe you didn't have a C-Section!!
I LOVE the pictures!
too stinkin cute!!!! I hope y'all get some sleep soon..and Amanda, I hope you heal up quickly. That's gotta hurt!
I have never seen such perfect little baby boys! Oh Amanda, I am dying to talk to you but I know you are CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY busy. so I will wait patiently for a few months :). I love you and those sweet little adorable babies. I hope all is well, your such a great little Mommy! Way to go girl.
I'm so excited that the boys are here! I've loved following your pregnancy and it will be so fun to watch them grow. They are very beautiful. It makes me very excited for my own little one to come soon. Get feeling better!
They are so perfect! Congratulations!
Can't wait to meet them!
Post a Comment