So we made it to 32 weeks which is a great milestone to hit. The babies should be in the 4 pound range and I'm definitely feeling the weight. We have two more weeks to our big goal of 34 weeks but the babies could still come any time. It's weird to think we don't have much longer until babies come and it's a good thing we are ready. The nursery is done (pics to come soon), we have all of the necessary baby items, and I'm sooo ready!!! I guess I need to pack a hospital bag, any suggestions on what I really need. Do I need a robe, clothes besides the going home outfits for the babies or anything else special that you loved having in the hospital??? I need help with this one!
Cody is enjoying work. He is a little busier then normal with working and then coming home and doing the things I normally do. I'm not really enjoying bedrest. I've been watching the OC again and I'm on season 3 - I don't do a whole lot. At least Annie comes over once a week and we do crafts, it's a nice break in the boring week!
I hosted Annie's baby shower this Saturday which was a lot of fun. Good thing Cody's parents were here to help out! They came on Thursday night and left early Sunday morning. It's nice to have company since I'm home alone all day.
That's about it! Can't really post about anything exciting since I'm confined to the house/couch. But soon our lives will totally change! Can't wait!
Cody is enjoying work. He is a little busier then normal with working and then coming home and doing the things I normally do. I'm not really enjoying bedrest. I've been watching the OC again and I'm on season 3 - I don't do a whole lot. At least Annie comes over once a week and we do crafts, it's a nice break in the boring week!
I hosted Annie's baby shower this Saturday which was a lot of fun. Good thing Cody's parents were here to help out! They came on Thursday night and left early Sunday morning. It's nice to have company since I'm home alone all day.
That's about it! Can't really post about anything exciting since I'm confined to the house/couch. But soon our lives will totally change! Can't wait!
10 comments:
This might seem obvious, but a camera. Ilee's birth was a bit of a surprise becaue I went to the hospital for a weekly check up and they said that I couldn't leave. So, I didn't have anything but my purse. Ilee's first pictures were taken on the phone of a cousin.
Also, I did appreciate having hygeine supplies for myself, including make up. I'd have never thought I'd care about make up after birth, but when our families came to visit the next day, it was nice to have some on hand!
The babies, in my opinion only need diapers and clothes, hats too, and I guess blankets. Make sure you install your car seats now, we did it in the hospital parking garage. Good luck!
Bring Lansinoh for your tender breasts. Be sure that their bottom lip is not tucked under when they eat. (Call me if you don't know what that means). It took me three pregnancies to discover that one, and it makes all the difference. Don't try to nurse them simultaneously for a couple of weeks, so you won't need your nurser.
Hmmm. I can't think of anything else.
I hope we can come see you when we are up for women's conference!
I suggest going any buying yourselves some cute and comfortable clothes--either jammies or work-out clothes to wear while you're in the hospital. It always felt good to me to put on something new and cute while in the hospital. A good little reward for myself.
Also, make sure to pack some cute receiving blankets for the babies. They will be wrapped in receiving blankets for every picture. You want those to be cute.
YAY! I'm so excited for you guys. Congratulation!
Hey Amanda! I saw your mom at Walmart last night and she said you were doing well. For the hospital bag: take a robe! They are cuter and more private than the hospital ones and they will have you walking the halls, especially if they are born c-section. For the going home clothes just pack something comfy like loose sweats. You tend to swell actually a little more after having the baby due to IV's and stuff, so just pack for comfort. It was also nice to take my own bathroom stuff like shampoo and that sort of stuff because the hospital didn't really have any. Yours might though. The only other thing that I totally liked having was my own pillow and blanket from home. Way more cozy and comfortable. Hope this helps! Good luck in the next couple weeks! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery.
I'm so excited that you've made it to your first goal. I can't wait to see pictures of the little guys!
As far as what to bring, don't worry about diapers/wipes, because the hospital gives you a package when you're going home and they have them on hand there. If you're going to let them have a pacifier, sometimes those round ones aren't easy for the newborns to keep in their mouths (neither of my kids liked them at all), so you could bring the more standard kind if you want.
Uhhhh, as for you, you could bring lotion, something to make you smell good. It's always nice.
And if you don't have a c-section, they give you stuff to help catch all the bleeding, but I found that I was much more comfortable when I wore something under my pants that was tighter--it kind of supported everything? So I don't know, some short stretchy shorts?
I'm so excited for you!
Actually in Provo, we didn't bring any of our own blankets to the hospital, except the one we brought our kids home in. The reason is that you don't want to lose your blankets with the hospital ones when the nurses change your kiddos in the nursery. Something to think about anyway.
Definitely bring your own pillow. The hospital pillows aren't comfortable (or the beds, but you can't bring your own!).
I just wish I could make it over MORE than just once a week! I can't believe how much baby stuff we still have to do, to get ready for this peanut. I'm realizing I should have been more on top of it earlier...
My mom told me to check out your blog. Sorry I missed your shower. I can't believe you are having twins.
So here is my advice. Bring your own comfy clothes, dark pants preferred because there is a chance you will bleed beyond the pad they give you. My neighbor used dependes and loved them because they were tight, totally up to you. I do recommend some regular undies to keep the pad tight. Make sure your clothes are loose in the abdomen, especially if you have a c-section. Your belly will be sore and start to itch when it heals. Use the numbing spray and ice packs if they are available at your hospital. Bring some slippers so you don't have to wear the funny hospital socks and you don't want to walk around barefoot for sure.
The hospital should provide you with most of your needs. I also brought my own snacks, I didn't enjoy the hospital food.
Good luck! I will keep checking in to see what is new. janessaben.blogspot.com
Oh and weird, I used to work with Hillary at the hospital until she moved to Arizona with Zeb for Med school. Small world.
i would say, like everyone else, some comfy clothes for you..loose on your belly...even if you don't have a c-section, my belly was still sorta sore. i wouldn't bring a robe if you bring other clothes...i didn't use one. i just brought bathroom stuff for me, and clothes to go home in..i didn't mind the robe because i didn't leave my room to walk because of my bleeding out after. just make sure you have a camera for sure.. i even brought like 2 or 3 incase batteries ran out.. i was ocd about the camera. and i would bring your own pillow.. for you and cody.. cause a. hospital beds are lame and hard... and b. the places dad's get to sleep are not comfy either, my husband LOVED that i packed him a pillow. good luck...can't wait to see these little guys! oh and cody told me you bought the wrap.. i hope you love it!
Bring comfy clothes to change in afterwards. Also bring your own hygene stuff, because they will want you to shower after you have the babies. Bring stuff that you feel you will need. We didn't have any baby stuff because Kennady came 6 weeks early & all of her clothes were in Preemie size. Make sure you have some of that in case they do come early. Congrats on making it to 32 weeks!! =]
Post a Comment