March 19, 2009

More Contractions and Stones??

Cody and I had a late night getting home around 2am. We were in labor & delivery again with contractions that would not stop. So at 10pm we headed to the hospital. It was pretty funny to see our prenatal class instructor there but we didn't get her as a nurse, I was bummed.

So they did the usual... hooked up the baby and contraction monitors. Baby B does not like to hold still and drove the nurse crazy. She had to come in every so often to replace the doppler so she could keep an eye on him. I felt bad for Baby A who doesn't get to move. Baby B has pushed his poor brother into the side of my uterus where he can't move which means Baby B gets to do all the flips he wants - and flip he does. Cody and I wonder if this is an indicator of their personalities... we'll see!!

Both babies are doing great, I however was having contractions about every two minutes. They did the fetal fibron.ectin test again and it came back... Negative!! YAY! Cody and I are thrilled that the boys get to cook for at least another two weeks allowing us to make it to 30 weeks. Then the nurse did the manual check of my cervix, I am dialated to a "1" and 60% effaced. Not too scary and she didn't seem concerned. After getting two shots of tribu.talane the contractions stopped and my uterus finally calmed down. I've never had two shots before and after the second shot it made my heart race so fast that I threw up... not fun!

So it turns out that I have lots of blood in my urine (sorry, I know you wanted to know that). Which means I have kid.ney stones... which explains why I've been having sharp pains since Sunday and explains the contractions. So now I get to sit at home and drink lots and lots of cranberry juice which I love.

So there you go, another chapter in the preterm labor saga of our pregnancy. I'm sure there will be more to come. I'm hoping my doctor will just put me on pills to relax my uterus so I don't have to keep going to the hospital. A girl can hope!

10 comments:

Patrice said...

The good news: You don't have to figure out how to take care of five other children while you are on bedrest!! Thanks to Cody for snapping a pic.

We'll add you to our prayer list right away and hope that those two precious ones cook just a little longer!

Laici said...

Oh my gosh Amanda, I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time with this!You poor girl, my friend has had a lot of kidney stones, and one baby. She claims the kidney stones were worse. So I can't imagine dealing with both "joys" at the same time! Hang in there. You sound in good spirits! That's awesome! We'll be thinking of you:)

Elise said...

Oh Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having, especially the kidney stones. What a horrible time to have them! But you seem like you're taking it all well, which is good. I hope the babies get to develop more, but I know you're anxious to meet them. All these hospital visits don't sound very fun. Just be glad they haven't put you on magnesium sulfate. Man, that stuff is horrible. But tributalane sounds bad too.

Jens and Patricia said...

Oh my goodness..being pregnant with twins sounds like such a hard thing. I would not want to be constantly worrying about going into labor that early and stuff. I am so glad that everything is okay though. Sorry to hear about the kidney stones, that has got to feel terrible. I hope your doctor will give me so meds to stop that stuff. Good luck.

Unknown said...

ugh.. so not fun but glad you are okay! and yea for making it to 30 weeks! glad the "fun" pregnancy things will be over soon and you can start having fun with your cute little boys!!! yea!

Michelle M said...

Kidney stones? How does that work? Will they just 'pass' on their own? Will they go away? Yikes!

danandglenna said...

Now we know why we're inspired to pray for you several times daily. Glad to hear those little babies are going to delay coming for a little longer. Hope the kidney stones don't give you more problems. Just remember, this too will pass.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Amanda! Man I feel like it has been forever since we have talked! I will call you soon. I am so sorry to hear about the kidney stones, but so glad the little ones get to cook a little longer! I was showing Kallie your picture on the blog and telling her about your babies in your tummy and she said "ohh hug manda" "hold babies". I think we need to get together this summer!!

Chelsea and gang said...

Holy cow girl! What a bunch of craziness! I am so glad I checked your blog. I haven't seen you in forever!! I need to come visit! I am glad that everything turned out ok. I can't wait to see you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Amanda! What a whirl wind for you and Cody. I can't believe you have kidney stones. Ouch! Well I am glad that the babies are able to cook for longer and that they are healthy! Take care of yourself! XOXO

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS