Get'em Landry!
Lately our free time has been passed with football games and movie rentals. Last weekend we watched the BYU football game with Landry and Susan. We also had a good time with Chelsea and Jeff on Sunday. Chelsea did a great job with dinner; I really liked it. Their little daughter Brooklynn was so much fun to play with. Makes me want a little one.
This weekend we watched the game again, but by ourselves :-( Anyone up for the BYU/Utah game? Seriously. My parents were here too this weekend but opted to go shopping instead of watching the game. The whole family went to dinner on Friday night. Aside from Dad choking it was a good time.
Movies Watched--Journey to the Center of the Earth, Kit Kittredge, Get Smart, Tinkerbell, The Incredible Hulk. Usually Amanda just gets what she wants, I'm just in it for the lovin'...haha--you like that? It's true.
Work Updates--Work is going really well. I'm doing the things I love and I work with great people. My biggest projects right now are creating a marketing video for the launch of the business in Mexico in January, as well as the marketing brochures and packaging for the products we will be selling there, and lastly, creating a customer relationship management program.
New Endeavor--We recently bought an iMac with the Adobe Web Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, and Dreamweaver) I can operate Dreamweaver because of my email marketing experience at Nu Skin, but the rest of them are just frustrating. Help!
Biggest Struggle--Ever since graduating from school I have struggled to fill my time. Amanda will tell you that it isn't uncommon to see me pacing the front room after work hours with nothing to do. I don't like TV and I exercise in the morning. Sometimes my calling in the church requires a few hours during the week but for the most part I just have nothing to do. I've read a few books, tried my hand at family search indexing, toyed with the idea of another job, and played a few sports with the ward now and then, but have yet to find something to consistently fill my time except for pester Amanda.
I know, I know, if that's my biggest struggle life can't be too bad. We are truly blessed.
So life is good and we are happy. That's my update and a little extra insight into my life.
6 comments:
you pester too? Man you and jens must be from the same town!
Looks like you're enjoying some great movies! We're glad you are trying to fill your time with good things . . . don't worry. It'll all work out!
Keep on Keepin on - you guys are blessed.
Enjoy the days of trying to fill your time. Before long they will be so full you'll wonder when you will get an evening without something already planned. Steve and I look back on those days with fondness.
Sup Webbies! Jason and I REALLY wish we could be there for the BIG GAME! Although maybe we would have left the game to the boys and Amanda, Kallie and I could go shopping. Ahh wishful thinking.
SO COOL YOU DID A POST! I wish Derrick would be more involved with our blog. I don't think I've met you, but I'm envious of all of your free time.
Post a Comment