March 5, 2008

1 Year Blog Anniversary!!

That's right, March is the month of our 1 year blogging anniversary! So this post will be a little tribute to the past year of blogging. Let us start with the history of our blog:

A year ago Cody started our little blog with the amazing video of the BYU vs UU football game. You know the one I'm talking about. If not, watch it here. I remember thinking that a blog of our life is stupid and no one will ever look at it. A year later today our friends and visitors have grown like crazy! It's nice that finally our friends are catching on to the blogging frenzy. Even my parents have caught the bug although they haven't posted once since we set up their blog! They'll get there!

As a tribute to our last year of blogging, here are some links to some of Cody's and my favorite posts from the last year. Enjoy reminiscing with us of the past year.

1. Holiday Season - If you haven't seen Cody's video you have to. I love the music from the movie The Holiday. It makes the movie magical.
2. Webb Show - This video cracks me up every time I watch it.
3. BYU Homecoming- We had a lot of fun with my parents this weekend.
4. Woodland Reunion - Family Reunion in SunRiver
5. B-Town Bash - 4th of July celebration in Blanding! Gotta love Blanding.

So there are our top 5 posts of the past year. After looking at them I realize they are all videos! If Cody had it his way our whole blog would be multimedia and no writing. Good think this is both of our blog...

Some interesting blog facts below...

It's fun to see how we organized posts when we first started and to see the transformation to our current posts. Cody and I like to think we have gotten better and made our blog a fun place to visit. Our visitors seem to think so as we receive on average 30 visits a day! Congratulations to Devan and Tiff Palmer, you referred 186 people to our blog this month, that's good enough for first place. Another interesting thing to know is that on average our visitors stay 1:50 seconds, and 1/3 of our visitors are new visitors. Also our visitors have come from 136 cities in 9 countries over the past month.

On that note, we have a lot of visitors but only a few are leaving comments. So like Annie, I'm making a rule, if you come visit our blog you need to leave a comment (especially if it's been awhile). Even if you just say hi, let us know you are visiting. It's nice to know what our readers like so if you have any comments or questions, let us know!

Overall, we have really enjoyed sharing this little hobby of ours with our friends, family and others. It will be fun to see what happens within the next year of blogging! Cody has a lot up his sleeve, that marketing mind of his is always going :) Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wish you posted more often! Love you guys!

BRZZ Odom said...

how the heck did you figure out all of those stats?

Leslie Redd said...

It is a little crazy that you know all those stats!! But thanks for the introduction to the blogging world, I am not very good at it yet and don't have much to blog about but it is fun to read about what is going on with everyone.

Elise said...

Okay, so you are going to have to tell me how to track all that stuff on my blog. It would be so interesting to know! I'm sure I don't get as much traffic as you do. It is always so much fun to hear about all the fun stuff you are doing!

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Happy One year!! Thank goodness for your blog. What would I do without it?

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS